Monday, July 30, 2012

Behavior Management Clip Chart

Last year it seemed like I tried everything for behavior management with my class to see what would work best.  I saw a lot of pinterest posts about behavior management clip charts and decided to make my own. 



I'm going to laminate all of the sheets and put it up on my wall vertically and the students will each have a clip with their names on it, which will be on "READY TO LEARN" at the start of every day.  (I'm going to use this for attendance as well--where students will have to put their clips onto READY TO LEARN when they enter the classroom in the morning so I know who is there).  
This is what the clip (clothespin) would look like
maybe I'll hang them on a hangar like this so everyone can see their name instead of digging through a jar?


There are 7 Pages in the Clip Chart: Outstanding, Great Day, Good Job, Ready to Learn, Warning, 5 Minutes of Friday Free Time, Parent Contact



This will keep all of the students accountable of their behaviors and if they reach the top (OUTSTANDING!) at the end of the day, they get a hole punch of their cards (I'll post about these cards when I finally get them from vistaprint and can take pictures of them).  Essentially, the cards are like those buy 4 get the 5th free punch cards that some stores have and students will have the cards in their desk for various things (spelling test, behavior, homework -- and they will store them in business card holder sheets that I bought at Staples) and when they reach the top of the chart they will know to bring their card to me and I will punch their card.  When they get 10 punches, they will get a prize (or classroom bucks).

Anyways...I want to design a title for the behavior management chart to go with my classroom theme (hollywood).  Maybe...Celebrity Behavior? Rockin' Behavior?

How about this?  If you would like this clip chart title, pick up this FREEBIE

You can pick up the behavior chart as shown above from TPT

If you would like me to make you another title for your clip chart, just post in the comments and I'll e-mail it to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment