Monday, July 30, 2012

What do I do when I can't sleep? Do work, of course!

I got so hooked on watching the Olympics tonight and before I knew it, it was midnight and I was wide awake.  So...I'll post what I created tonight! 


First...I put together into one big file all of my literacy center signs that I laminate and put into a pocket chart so that students know what centers they go into each day.  Here's some pictures from the file that can be downloaded here.



---------------------------------------
I also uploaded to TPT my home reading log, which I send home with students each month to have them track (with their families) what they read at home.  Parents are supposed to sign the log so that students and families are accountable for reading done at home.  You can really see a correlation between students who fill up their sheets the fastest and the highest readers in the class, which is why parent involvement is so key to helping all kids learn at all ages and levels.  

--------------------------------------

We are also switching it up this year in first grade and following the Dolch Sight words for our high frequency/spelling words that we use for our spelling tests & homework.  I think I'm going to like these better than what we used last year (most used words in English language) because they got very hard at the end of the year.  I created a file with 6 words on each page (which is what we give each week for homework/spelling) which are shown in two formats.  

The top format (table format) could be used for putting onto a piece of construction paper and putting up in the classroom all together to display words for the week or putting into a literacy center where students have to work with all of their words for the week.  The bottom ones are spaced out so that they can be laminated and put into a pocket chart or onto a word wall, etc.  If you want to pick up all 36 pages of these flashcards, you can get them at TPT.  

OKAYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I'm going to get into bed and try to fall asleep, which I know will be quite difficult because I have all of these things I am thinking up for my classroom that I want to do!  I'll just start thinking of this magical place and going there for my "mini-moon" and hopefully I can fall asleep! 


1 comment: